TEAM QUALIFICATION FORMAT & INFORMATION
- PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THE TRIP; YOU WILL BE DOING YOURSELF AND TEAM NORCAL A DISSERVICE. PLEASE BE 100% COMMITTED TO REPRESENTING NORCAL AT SOCALREGIONALS.
- More information on SCR can be viewed here: http://www.socalregionals.com/
- Transportation and lodging must be arranged by the competitiors; Southtown Arcade will only provide the team with funds from tournament entry; no additional financial support will be given or is implied.
- Funds will be distributed equally to the Top Five competitors prior to their departure for the tournament.
- The Winner of the qualifier will be the Official Team Captain and will determine the player order at SoCalRegionals.
- The Top Five finishers of the qualifier will qualify for Team NorCal KOF.
- 6th through 8th place finishers will be Backup Players one, two and three, respectively. Should a Top 5 finisher back out of the team, then 6th place will join the team, then 7th place and then 8th place, should the highest-qualifying player be unable to join the team.
- In the event of a tie between 6th/7th/8th place finishers, a sudden death, best-of-five match will be played at the conclusion of the tournament to determine final ranking order.
- Southtown Arcade reserves the right to change the format, rules or any other aspect of the qualifier at any time, for any reason.
Game – The King of Fighters XIII
Platform: Sony Playstation 3 (You can bring your own stick!)
Start Date: Sunday, December 11th, 2011
Start Time: 12pm Registration, 1pm Start time
End Time: 6-7pm (+/- an Hour)
Max Entries: 32
Entry Fee: $25 per person; 100% of funds will go to support Team NorCal KOF on their trip to SoCalRegionals!
Top 5 Competitors will qualify for the OFFICIAL NorCal KOF Team, which will represent NorCal against SoCal in the NorCal vs SoCal KOFXIII 5v5 at SoCalRegionals!
GAME RULES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
All characters are allowed.
- Glitches are allowed, provided they do not crash the game.
- Timer will be set to 60
- Infinities are allowed.
- Loser may change teams.
- Winner MAY NOT change teams, but may change existing team order.
- Tournament will be a “Round Robin” format.
- Standings will be determined by Match Wins (W-L Record)
- Two out of three Games will determine a winner.
- One Match is Two out of Three Rounds
- In the event of a tie at the conclusion of all matches being played, a sudden death, best-of-five match will determine the winner.
- Coin toss determines 1P/2P side.
- Double-blind character selection available upon request for the first game per match ONLY
- Sudden Death: In the event of a tie, BOTH players will take a loss. If it comes down to the final match for both players, then a Sudden Death blind-pick single game will determine the outcome.
- Controller Failure: If you suspect a control malfunction or failure, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.
- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match for any reason, you are subject to forfeiture of the round. If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.
- In case of a dispute that is not covered by this rule set, final decision will be made by a judge; all decisions made by judges are final. All participants will be made aware of who the judges are during registration.
Please e-mail us through our Contact Page if you have any questions or concerns.
SUPPORT SOUTH TOWN!